Author Topic: 2.6.1 install problems  (Read 4993 times)

Offline bubba

  • No flame
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
2.6.1 install problems
« on: October 29, 2004, 01:07:43 PM »
I'm running WP 1.2.1 and wpblacklist 2.6.1. I upgraded from a much earlier version of wpblacklist that worked fine.

First, when I run the installer, I get several error messages after I click to import Jay Allen's blacklist (shown below). But it eventually reads "All done!"

When I activate wpblacklist, I see the following error message on the web site itself (not the admin page):

Database error: [Unknown column 'regex_type' in 'where clause']
SELECT * FROM blacklist WHERE regex_type = 'option'

I appreciate any help.



Error messages after install:

Database error: [Unknown column 'regex_type' in 'blacklist']
ALTER TABLE `blacklist` CHANGE COLUMN `regex_type` `regex_type` enum('ip','url','rbl','option') NOT NULL DEFAULT 'url'
Database stuff done. Adding to blacklist ...

Database error: [Unknown column 'regex' in 'where clause']
SELECT id FROM blacklist WHERE regex='([-\\w\\_.]+\\.)?(l(so|os)tr)\\.[a-z]{2,}'

Database error: [Unknown column 'regex' in 'field list']
INSERT INTO blacklist (regex, regex_type) VALUES ('([-\\w\\_.]+\\.)?(l(so|os)tr)\\.[a-z]{2,}','url')
Error importing : ([\w\-_.]+\.)?(l(so|os)tr)\.[a-z]{2,}

Database error: [Unknown column 'regex' in 'where clause']
SELECT id FROM blacklist WHERE regex='(blow)[-\\w\\_.]*job[-\\w\\_.]*\\.[a-z]{2,}'

Database error: [Unknown column 'regex' in 'field list']
INSERT INTO blacklist (regex, regex_type) VALUES ('(blow)[-\\w\\_.]*job[-\\w\\_.]*\\.[a-z]{2,}','url')
Error importing : (blow)[\w\-_.]*job[\w\-_.]*\.[a-z]{2,}

[more followed but it's quite long so I didn't want to paste it all here]

Offline Fahim

  • Administrator
  • Inferno
  • *****
  • Posts: 663
  • Karma: +4/-0
    • http://www.farook.org
2.6.1 install problems
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 07:13:00 PM »
It sounds to me as if you were running the original WPBlacklist by LaughingLizard. The current upgrader will not work with your existing blacklist table since my installers/upgraders are written for WPBlacklist releases 1.2 onwards - which was when I took over developing WPBlacklist and created a plugin out of what had till then been a WP hack. The database structures for the two versions are not at all similar.

Given the circusmstances, you have two options:
1. Go through the WPBlacklist installer code to figure out the new database structure and do the modifications yourself.

2. Export your current blacklist, drop the blacklist table, recreate the table using the WPBlacklist installer and import back in the blacklist entries you'd exported out.

Hope this helps.

Offline bubba

  • No flame
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
Thanks
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 01:26:36 PM »
It worked fine after i dropped the table and reinstalled.