Summary: Initial backup before upgrade fails. NOTE:
Bug already reported via email, posted here for posterity.
Workaround: Backup data using current install before
1. Install beta (upgrade current install)
2. Run the new blog.exe
3. Dialog asks if I want to backup my data before upgrading, click yes. (already had a backup but the more the merrier
4. Save backup to d:\My Documents\test.zip (any location other than the blog install directory).
5. DBISAM Engine Error #11010 Table 'd:\My Documents\Journal.Dat' does not exist.
6. Click OK
7. New error tblBlogs: Field 'ID' not found.
8. Click OK, receive field 'ID' error again.
9. Click OK
10. Error 11010 again table 'D:\Dev\Delphi\Blog\ServerBlogs.DAT' does not exist (presumably the location of your development files)
11. Click OK and another #11010 table not found, D:\Dev\Delphi\Blog\Entries.DAT
12. OK and another #11010 for D:\Dev\Delphi\Blog\Snippet.DAT
13. Ok and a final #11010 for D:\Dev\Delphi\Blog\Blogs.DAT
14. Blog finishes loading with no data.
15. Close the program and reopen (select no to backup dialog) and it opens fine with all my data.
16. Deleted upgraded install, restored my backup folder, upgraded, clicked no to the backup and seems to be working perfectly.
17. Backup from the tools menu works as expected, so the problem only happens during the initial upgrade backup.