Author Topic: Blog 8 Bug List  (Read 27934 times)

Offline GoodyScrivener

• No flame
    • My Needleful Things
Re: Blog 8 Bug List
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2005, 08:11:22 AM »
I just started getting Socket Error 10060 in the last week or so... doing some preliminary Googling told me that the error is a server time-out issue and most commonly seen with trying to connect to an email server, not a software related error at all.   It's just taking longer to talk to the server than desired and it shuts down out of inactivity.

Offline Tyran

• Inferno
  • Grizzled Guru
    • The Whinery
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2006, 02:45:42 AM »
Blog won't publish to local directories.

I upgraded to the new beta this morning and I cannot get it to publish.  I have publish future posts checked (although the time for the entry is already passed) and it just won't publish.  I copied the data into by backup of 7.903 and it published with no problems.  I've copied the log from 7.905:

Started Blog : 3/7/2006 12:33:57 PM
Started Publish Process ...
Changing directory to y:\ormonds\yoga\blog\
Copying file index.php
Changing directory to d:\ormonds\yoga\blog\
Copying file edyyoga.new
Completed Publish Process ...
Shutdown Blog : 3/7/2006 12:37:12 PM

and from 7.903
Started Blog : 3/7/2006 12:38:20 PM
Started Publish Process ...
Changing directory to y:\ormonds\yoga\blog\
Copying file C:\DOCUME~1\Tyrano\LOCALS~1\Temp\blogtmp\index.php
Changing directory to d:\ormonds\yoga\blog\
Copying file C:\DOCUME~1\Tyrano\LOCALS~1\Temp\blogtmp\edyyoga.new
Completed Publish Process ...
Shutdown Blog : 3/7/2006 12:39:34 PM

The difference is obvious but I'm not sure whether the difference is due to a change in log format or whether it's actually showing the problem.

Offline Fahim

• Administrator
  • Inferno
    • http://www.farook.org
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2006, 03:54:29 PM »
Ty, no changes were made to the logging. So this is probably due to some of the changes I made to shift some of the stuff from the FormCreate for the main form to the DataModule. I probably saved the temporary folder location on FormCreate and this probably got lost in the shuffle. Thanks for the heads up. Will identify and fix :)

Offline Tyran

• Inferno
  • Grizzled Guru
    • The Whinery
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 09:47:03 PM »
Ty, no changes were made to the logging. So this is probably due to some of the changes I made to shift some of the stuff from the FormCreate for the main form to the DataModule. I probably saved the temporary folder location on FormCreate and this probably got lost in the shuffle. Thanks for the heads up. Will identify and fix :)

Ah, so this is black box feature creep?  Ok, I'll hold off on doing more extensive testing (was saving that for today) until I get a new copy.

Offline Tyran

• Inferno
  • Grizzled Guru
    • The Whinery
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2006, 11:18:02 AM »
Just posting to report that the problem with publishing to local directories is solved.  Also, the formatting for date and time tags (http://forums.farook.org/index.php?topic=315.msg2416#msg2416) works perfectly—especially when I remember that BlogSysDate and BlogDate are not the same thing!

Offline Tyran

• Inferno
  • Grizzled Guru
    • The Whinery
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2006, 11:20:17 AM »
One odd quirk, when making changes on the upload dialog I clicked the post changes checkmark to save my changes.  I get an error "'True' is not a valid integer."  If I simply click OK to close the dialog, the error does not occur and my changes are saved.  Nothing major but a problem nonetheless.

Offline Fahim

• Administrator
  • Inferno
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2006, 03:22:35 PM »
One odd quirk, when making changes on the upload dialog I clicked the post changes checkmark to save my changes.  I get an error "'True' is not a valid integer."  If I simply click OK to close the dialog, the error does not occur and my changes are saved.  Nothing major but a problem nonetheless.

Will investigate - thanks :)

Offline Tyran

• Inferno
  • Grizzled Guru
    • The Whinery
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2006, 08:48:27 PM »

Will investigate - thanks :)

Quick follow-up:  Actually, trying to post the data updates by any method other than clicking OK to the whole dialog causes the above error.

Offline Tyran

• Inferno
  • Grizzled Guru
    • The Whinery
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2006, 09:20:02 PM »
The calendar control does not update when first opening Blog.  In fact, I don't think any of the controls update when first opening Blog now.  I'll double check that with today's posts.  Changing journals or months corrects the issue immediately but changing the day does not.

Offline Tyran

• Inferno
  • Grizzled Guru
    • The Whinery
Major inconsistencies when publishing
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2006, 12:20:21 AM »
Publishing does not always respect the settings in the Blog Management dialog for journals other than the primary journal.

I publish my main pages in reverse date/time order (newest first).  I then publish my archives in chronological order by month.  This works just as it did before for the primary journal.  However, when I try to do this for any of my other journals, I get very mixed results.

Neither publishing main pages nor archives reliably follows the settings checked on the Blog Management dialog.  Twice I could only get chronological order no matter what I did and now I can only get reversed order no matter what.  Also, if the Blog Management dialog shows the settings for the Whinery and I publish the EveryDay Yoga entries, I get the latest Whinery entries using the EveryDay Yoga templates on the EDY site.

Again, the primary journal seems to be working perfectly.  I'll try to track down a pattern and if I can, I'll update this thread.

UPDATE
Whatever settings are in place when I start Blog are the settings used by the publishing routine.  So, I can still change the date/time order but I have to restart Blog for them to take effect.  I'll verify the situation with the primary journal when I publish to the Whinery later today.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 12:33:52 AM by Tyran »

Offline Tyran

• Inferno
  • Grizzled Guru
    • The Whinery
<$BlogExt> tag
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2006, 12:26:17 AM »
The <$BlogExt> tag that is automagically inserted when linking to entries is not being expanded when publishing.

Offline Fahim

• Administrator
  • Inferno
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2006, 04:47:21 PM »
Thanks for the bug reports Ty :) Keep them coming ... Unfortunately, I'm not able to respond as fast to these reports and get new builds out as I once did but I am trying to maintain some sort of rotation schedule where each of my current apps gets some coding time and I also get some writing done ... at the moment I'm trying to finish a short story and then it will be WriteTrack's turn but after that, I'll get back to Blog ... I promise :)

Offline Tyran

• Inferno
  • Grizzled Guru
    • The Whinery
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2006, 08:51:51 PM »
Thanks for the bug reports Ty :) Keep them coming ... Unfortunately, I'm not able to respond as fast to these reports and get new builds out as I once did but I am trying to maintain some sort of rotation schedule where each of my current apps gets some coding time and I also get some writing done ... at the moment I'm trying to finish a short story and then it will be WriteTrack's turn but after that, I'll get back to Blog ... I promise :)

Not a terrible rush as, so far, I've managed work arounds for everything.

Offline Tyran

• Inferno
  • Grizzled Guru
    • The Whinery
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2006, 09:32:34 PM »
Finally was able to double check the publishing weirdness and I was incorrect in my belief that the primary journal works properly.  As with the others, it seems the publish options from the Blog Management Dialog are read only at startup.  Changes made do not actually take effect unless Blog is restarted.

That's actually a relief to me as it is much more consistent and should mean a much easier fix than was I had originally thought.

Offline Tyran

• Inferno
  • Grizzled Guru
    • The Whinery
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2006, 09:57:15 PM »
Update to the calendar bug (reply #23).  None of the controls update when first opening Blog.  I have an entry for today in the primary journal but I can't see it until I either switch journals and come back or switch months on the calendar control and come back.  After this initial "refresh" the controls update properly.

New bug
The calendar control on the Link Entry dialog doesn't actually do anything.  I would expect it to take me to the first entry for that date if I click on it but it doesn't.  It does show whether the date has enteries as normal but that's about it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 10:00:16 PM by Tyran »