Author Topic: Wordpress  (Read 11685 times)

Offline wil_123

• No flame
Wordpress
« on: January 28, 2005, 10:05:26 AM »
Hi, I have several blog entries stored remotely on a wordpress server and would like to retrieve a copy as my own archives. Is there anyway I can get the entries back? Preferrable stored in a local application like Blog.

Offline Fahim

• Administrator
  • Inferno
    • http://www.farook.org
Re: Wordpress
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 04:58:34 PM »
The next release of Blog does support this functionality since I'm rolling BlogMan into Blog. However, the next release is in indefinite delays at the moment due to coding problems :-( I am using a private edition which works fine for working with WordPress (I have a WP blog of my own) but not sure how trouble-free it would be for somebody who does not have my own particular posting needs :p
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 05:01:42 PM by Fahim »

Offline wil_123

• No flame
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 10:48:22 PM »
Well... bad news is the wordpress server I has been using is gone forever now  :cry: Never mind.. personally I like Blog but I really want to use Blog for remote server like BlogMan...

BTW, I have tried BlogMan with the new server (which is running drupal) and failed: TStruct.GetBoolean(mt_allow_comments) - Item is not a boolean :???:

Offline Fahim

• Administrator
  • Inferno
    • http://www.farook.org
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 02:26:18 PM »
I believe they changed the API - it used to be a boolean and is now an integer or it's the other way around. I never fixed BlogMan since all that got rolled into Blog :p If you really wanna give the new blog a go, send me an e-mail and I'll send it to you as an attachment but just don't expect any bug fixing to be done at the moment since I'm kinda stuck codingwise due to having moved my development environment over to Delphi 2005 but not having all the components I use in Blog be Delphi 2005 compatible :-(