Author Topic: Just curious - Palm Pilots?  (Read 5131 times)

Offline GoodyScrivener

• No flame
    • My Needleful Things
Just curious - Palm Pilots?
« on: March 22, 2006, 01:23:00 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone was Blogging by putting the program on a flash card in their Palm and how that worked for them?

Reason I ask is because I was out of town over the weekend and composed a couple posts in Memos, which I then copied over after a synch to the computer.  And I'm wondering if it's possible to run the program on Palm OS, and if so, is it worth it to me to look into WiFi for the thing?

If it's not possible, no big deal.  This worked out okay as is, it just got me thinking.

Offline Fahim

• Administrator
  • Inferno
    • http://www.farook.org
Re: Just curious - Palm Pilots?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 02:41:06 PM »
Unfortunately, the Blog executable is a Windows executable and I am afraid that it will not work under Palm, which uses a different Operating System :-( You can program for the Palm but since that's a completely different area and I don't use a Palm, I don't really want to get into all that :p

Offline GoodyScrivener

• No flame
    • My Needleful Things
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 01:27:34 PM »
Roughly what I figured would be the case.  Guess I wait till the Origami comes out LOL

Offline Wayfarer

• Bonfire
    • La Bitacora del Caminante
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 07:15:33 PM »
Hi there!

I have a PocketPC with the same issue. My workaround is quite simple... When working with the PPC I do seldomly have access to the net, so I can't publish anyway... So I just write the entry in a PocketWord document and later at home I just copy and paste the entry into Blog.

Another possible workaround is to run Blog in server mode and use the Mail Outbox of the PPC to send the entries via e-mail. I haven't tried this workaround personally, but it should work.

Hope it will help ;)

-- Wayfarer
My website: www.thewayfarer.info
My search site: www.cannotbefound.com
My music: www.amadian.com