Author Topic: "Range check error" with Blog 8 Beta 5  (Read 6862 times)

Offline LCAngela

• Low flame
  • Just Another LunaClick
    • BlogSpace
"Range check error" with Blog 8 Beta 5
« on: July 16, 2007, 01:31:44 AM »
After working out an odd login issue with my Beta 3 installation (thanks for the tips, Fahim!), I decided to give Beta 5 another shot.

My only issue with it so far is an annoying "Range check error" dialog window that pops up if I'm on the "Entry" tab and switch between maximized windows and the Blog window (whether it's maximized or not), or if I go to the "Entry" tab from any of the other tabs.  It also happens when I switch between the "Normal" and "HTML" views on the "Entry" tab, and when I restore down/maximize the Blog window or restore it from being minimized (from either the taskbar or to the system tray) if I'm on the "Entry" tab.

Has anyone else run into this issue, and/or do you have any thoughts on how I can solve it?  It's pretty annoying.  :-P

(I'm running WinXP Media Center Edition SP2, Intel Core2 CPU 6400, 2.13GHz, 2GB RAM; my video card is an NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT, and my screen resolution is 1680x1050 on a Gateway 22" widescreen FPD2275W LCD monitor.)
"That's because it's fly soup, sir..."

Offline Fahim

• Administrator
  • Inferno
    • http://www.farook.org
Re: "Range check error" with Blog 8 Beta 5
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 07:38:26 AM »
Hmm ... can't remember if this was an issue with the build that I had up at that time - beta 5. I believe I'm currently on internal beta 7 or something and I know I don't have that issue with switching tabs. I don't actually maximize or minimize the Blog windows though and so I don't know if that's there ... Hmm ... tried just now and it's not. I'll upload the beta 7 sometime today and let's see if that resolves the issues for you. Beta 7 wasn't totally ready since I wanted to do a bit more before I released it I believe but I've been using it for a while and as far as my routine goes, it has been stable. So let's give it a shot :)

Of course, I might forget to upload it and if nothing has happened by tomorrow, please do give me a nudge :p

Offline LCAngela

• Low flame
  • Just Another LunaClick
    • BlogSpace
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 09:10:36 AM »
*nudge*  :lol:

Offline Fahim

• Administrator
  • Inferno
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 10:07:51 AM »
Sorry, wasn't at home both yesterday and day before - darn all those meetings :p Anyway, will try to put up the new build today ... In fact, going to go get started on that right now ...

Offline LCAngela

• Low flame
  • Just Another LunaClick
    • BlogSpace
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 11:33:23 AM »
Thanks, Fahim!  I downloaded and installed Beta 7 into the same location as my Beta 3 files.  When I try to launch it, I get the following error after being prompted to backup my data:

DBISAM Engine Error # 12035 The table 'Journal' is not the correct version.

I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to shut down Blog.exe at that point.  :-/

Offline Fahim

• Administrator
  • Inferno
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 04:45:29 PM »
Hmm ... you're running beta 3 and not beta 5? Not that it should be an issue since each beta is supposed to upgrade from the previous ones ... Just have to find out what might be going on. You did take a backup before the upgrade, right? Can you please send me that backup via e-mail or put it up on a webserver somewhere and send me the link?

Offline LCAngela

• Low flame
  • Just Another LunaClick
    • BlogSpace
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 07:06:04 PM »
Yep, I was running Beta 3 again since Beta 5 kept giving me that annoying error.  The backup is on its way to you via email.  :)

Offline Fahim

• Administrator
  • Inferno
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 07:10:11 PM »
I'll be away for the next few days and while I will be taking my computer with me, I'm not sure how much I'll get done. But if I don't get around to checking upon this in the next few days, I certainly will once I get back on Monday. If you still haven't heard anything from me by Tuesday, give me a nudge :)

Offline LCAngela

• Low flame
  • Just Another LunaClick
    • BlogSpace
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 07:14:49 PM »
No worries, and will do!  If nothing else, I know Beta 3 runs fine, so I can always use it until another version is available.